Brad J. Bushman
Professor of Communication
3022 Derby Hall
154 N. Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210
- Ph.D (Social Psychology), 1989, University of Missouri
- M.A. (Statistics), 1990, University of Missouri
- M.A. (Psychology), 1987, University of Missouri
- M.Ed. (Secondary Education), 1985, Utah State University
- B.S. (Psychology), 1984, Weber State University
Brad J. Bushman studies the causes, consequences and cures to the problem of human aggression and violence. He was a member of President Obama’s committee on gun violence, and has testified before the U.S. Congress on the topic of youth violence. His research has challenged several myths (e.g., guns make people safer; venting anger reduces aggression; aggressive people suffer from low self-esteem; violence and sex sell products). He has published hundreds of peer-reviewed journal articles, which have been cited tens of thousands of times. His research has been published in the top scientific journals (e.g., Science, PNAS), and has been featured extensively in the mass media (e.g., BBC, New York Times, NPR).
I am not currently accepting new graduate student advisees.