The 2022-2023 School of Communication Scholarship Application is now open and available! Applications may be submitted up until 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
The School of Communication is honored to offer many scholarships to students in the major. Most awards are merit-based and represent the judgment of our faculty about standout performance in well-defined areas. These scholarships signify both the prestige of faculty judgment about a student’s academic performance, but also the monetary award. A few of our awards are need-based, but still reflect faculty judgment about outstanding performance in specific areas of Communication. Most awards carry the name of distinguished alumni, prominent citizens or former professors or administrators in the School, as honored by the donors.
During the 2021-2022 academic year, more than $100,000 in scholarships and awards were given to students in the School of Communication. Students are recognized for their achievements by the School's faculty and staff at the annual Scholarship Award Ceremony held each Spring.
In order to prepare your application, please review the following steps and documents below:
- Review the scholarship listing to determine which awards you would like to apply for. Briefly describe why you should be considered for each award and save these responses in another document, such as Microsoft Word. This will make it easier to copy/paste your responses when completing the online application.
- For all awards and scholarships, there are 8 questions to answer at the beginning of the application. Review the application questions and prepare your responses in another document, such as Microsoft Word.
- Update and prepare your resume/CV to be uploaded with your application.
- Once you have assembled these responses, go into the online application to apply:
- Unfortunately with this online application, it is not possible to save your application and return at a later time so please be prepared and have your responses saved/written before going into the system to apply.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.