Ranked in the top five among high impact communication programs, Ohio State's School of Communication provides undergraduates with:
- a rigorous and innovative curriculum
- state-of-the-art multimedia classrooms
- multiplatform labs and a podcasting studio
- hands-on training through internships and on-campus experience through its award-winning student newspaper The Lantern and its student-run public relations firm The PRactice.
- alumni networking and mentoring opportunities
- access to internationally renowned faculty.
There is no greater tool in the world than successful communication in all forms—written, spoken and conceptual—and The Ohio State University's School of Communication provides students with the training and skills needed to harness the power of communication.
Our program equips students with the practical and analytical skills and knowledge related to communication principles. How to understand audiences, shape messages and interact with individuals and technologies, as well as the power and influence of communication on society.
The School of Communication offers four undergraduate program focus areas:
- Communication Analysis and Engagement
- Communication Technology
- Public Affairs Journalism
- Strategic Communication
The school also embraces diversity with coursework and student organizations focused on diversity, equity and inclusion issues.
We invite you to explore and discover what The Ohio State University's School of Communication has to offer!