What is it?
- A shared resource available to researchers affiliated with the School of Communication.
- C-REP provides access to a large pool of undergraduate research participants. Participation in C-REP is required for students enrolled in our introductory courses (Comm 1100 and 1101) and optional for other courses.
- Requests for access to this pool are accepted each semester—Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- Studies are posted using Sona, a research management system.
Why do this?
- For researchers and instructors, C-REP provides an efficient mechanism for managing study participants. Many researchers at the School rely on experimental methods to conduct their research. C-REP provides a formal structure for requesting, allocating, and tracking study completions, and for notifying instructors of when their students have participated in research.
- For students, C-REP provides an important opportunity to participate in and learn about the production of scientific knowledge. Research is a core part of the School of Communication, and undergraduates benefit from knowing more about what else their instructors do.