Admission to our graduate programs is based on review by our Graduate Studies Committee. For all funding opportunities, please plan to apply by December 1 for the upcoming Autumn Semester.
The Graduate School, upon the recommendation of the Graduate Studies Committee of the School of Communication, admits students to graduate study in Communication. Recommendations for admission are based on seven factors:
- The applicant's statement of interest and intent with regard to a graduate program in the School of Communication;
- Detailed resume;
- At least three letters of recommendation;
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average;
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Scores on the general aptitude sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); and
- Writing sample or other evidence of potential for success in graduate study.
In the case of international students whose first language is not English, there are additional requirements.
All of the requirements specified above are described in more detail on our handout which can be accessed here:
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com.