Statement on Diversity
The School of Communication at The Ohio State University embraces and maintains an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, experiences, and people.
Our commitment to diversity moves beyond mere tolerance to recognizing, understanding, and welcoming the contributions of diverse groups and the value group members possess as individuals.
In our School, the faculty, students, and staff are dedicated to building a tradition of diversity with principles of equal opportunity, personal respect, and the intellectual interests of those who comprise diverse cultures.
Undergraduate and Graduate Coursework Focusing on Diversity Issues
Many of our courses within the School of Communication touch on issues of diversity,but several current courses address these topics more directly. These include:
- Intercultural Communication (Comm 3668)
- Issues in Intercultural Communication (Comm 4668)
- Stereotypes in Media (Comm 4445)
- Media and Terrorism (Comm 3597.02)
- International Perspectives on Communication (Comm 3597.01)
- Language Culture & Communication in Latino Health (Comm 2704)
- Health Communication in Interpersonal Contexts (Comm 4736)
- Communication and Gender (Comm 3662)
- Communication in Interpersonal Relationships (Comm 3642)
- Interpersonal Health Communication (Comm 7782)
- Language and Cultural Interaction (Comm 7860)
Black Advertising Strategic Communication Association (BASCA)
BASCA is a partnership between students, faculty, and professionals intended to develop and prepare Black students for careers in advertising and strategic communication.
Students interested in attending BASCA may come to the meetings. However, to be considered a member they must pay their membership dues by the deadlines in the Fall and Spring semester. The Dues are $20 and cover the annual trip, food for meetings, eligibility to vote, eligibility to run for an E Board position, and opportunities to travel around Columbus.
BASCA meets biweekly Wednesday's at 5:30 PM at 242 W. 18th Ave Columbus, OH 43210.
For questions about BASCA membership or meetings contact the Advisor of BASCA, Dr. Osei Appiah (Appiah.email@example.com) or Tracey Lindsay, BASCA Secretary at BASCAOSU@gmail.com.
More information about BASCA can be found on its website at http://u.osu.edu/basca/ and by following BASCA OSU on twitter!